Sordid Secrets
Private - Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Printable Version

+- Sordid Secrets (http://sordid-secrets.com)
+-- Forum: Territories of Victus (http://sordid-secrets.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Northeast (http://sordid-secrets.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=180)
+---- Forum: Ritual Crypt (http://sordid-secrets.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+----- Forum: Nekros River (http://sordid-secrets.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=170)
+----- Thread: Private - Falling Darkness [Mauja] (/showthread.php?tid=14360)

Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Naervon - 06-28-2017

The loud beating of wings drew his attention to the sky, a large shadow passed over him before Sovrah's massive body sailed overhead. His single eye watched the dragon moving with speed and grace through the sky a smirk dancing upon his lips; chuckling he padded through the canopy. The feel of the dirt and leaves under his paws was reassuring, even if he could barely see in the shadows. It would only get darker, the night was soon about to claim the area choked with trees. "There is an opening among the trees east of where you are, I will be landing there so come find me." He heard Sovrah's loud voice bounce around in his skull, swiveling an ear he turned his head. The socket that no longer had an eye seemed to be full with, he stopped and realized he was feeling an eye that was not there. Growling softly he lifted his wings, flapping them he felt the dirt and other debris lift from the earth and swirl around his paws and legs. Sighing he lowered them, turning east of where he was headed he broke out into a run. His paws struck the earth with each step, and with each paw step small balls of fire would appear and hover over the ground before moving to follow him in the circle of heat and flames. The small fireballs lit his path as the forest was plunged into the darkness of night, tongue hanging from his jaws as he ran.

It was near the mid start of the night when he reached Sovrah's location, panting he trotted through the trees to the small circle and saw the dragon already curled upon the earth and resting. The small fire orbs floated and moved around his body in a wide circle, blinking he felt the heat sure up in a spiral before merging into a giant fire orb before lowering to hover just in front of Rah's beak. The wyvern opened a pale red orb before lifting his head, he didn't move it much, only a fraction. But he did move it, to stare into his eye. The dragon's long tail moved to lay beside his wing but not curl up on it, he was not much of a cuddler. In truth, he found it revolting, but the dragon was far larger than he, and he was warmer. Gracefully jumping his tail he turned in a circle, keeping his own tail against his body he settled down near Rah's back leg. The long tail slid close to him, he looked at the fire orb he created. He blinked and the flames died in a gust of wind, yawning he lowered his head and rested it on his paws. "Wake me if someone shows up." He whispered through their link before drifting off to sleep.

"What am I doing here..."

Table by Centience

@Mauja

RE: Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Mauja - 11-26-2017

In the witches hour lodged betwixt the violent wars of lunacy and coherence, Mauja had nested securely, safely, avoiding harm to the frailty of her wavering mentality. Night upon wicked night, another fell to the hungering beast whose appetence for primeval abandon was nigh insatiable. Crimson splatters littered the earth; harrowing screams pierced the veil of serenity in a violent rend. Even still they woke her, their dull eyes chasing away the sands of sleep as was the case this night as molten eyes observed the glittering stars and the full disk of Lune's watchful gaze. Hers seemed to hum in return as if singing to their watchful mother; their tempered rivulets of silver was languid as they dripped upon the earth where she stood, still and unwavering against a subtle breeze.

For the first time in so long, she was alone. Truly abandoned of companionship - thought the only company occupying her sacred space, Mauja slowly closed her eyes to relish this sensation of absolution. She was free. Liberation still seared vigorously throughout lissom veins whose entirety trilled with the passion of his purging flames. Will you stay with me? Even as the days transpired and their time together expanded, Mauja had yet to regret that oath taken in a moment of desperation and haste. Given the chance, she would choose again to follow in his imposing shadow, to swear herself to the fire lord.

The thought of him stirred a warmth in her breast, a tender hum of silent admiration for the man who had suffered much the same pain that still reflected deep within the confines of her gentle heart. A longing for the soul, a shattered reflection of their selves now lain within the earth rotten and rebirthed through the energy of the plants and soil. It was rare that she would dwell upon the forgotten - it was rarer still that she would think back to the days of youth spent in happier times.

Hushed reflections were disturbed by the hovering shadow of a beast, a familiar creature stretched across the sky. It was his arrival that signalled that this time of solitude would meet its end. Carefully, Mauja gathered her kill from hours before this moment - a hare large enough for the duo to share. Flesh was cradled in the firm embrace of ivory fangs and soft, velveteen lips. The clamour of metal signalled her movement to any and all around before she would still in the faint clearing where man and beast had settled for the night. For a moment she simply stood to admire that which lay before her; a man and his soul, as one. A familiar pang resonated in her breast before it was snuffed by purpose. She approached. Each step quiet and soft like a feathers touch before she would lay the meal before the dragon and the slumbering fire lord without a word said to either.

@Naervon

RE: Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Naervon - 11-26-2017

A hiss was what woke him, he hadn't sensed Sovrah raise his head. The dragon relaxed at the scent yet since he didn't let Nae know who was there the male was annoyed and wary, a familiar smell filtered into his nose and he raised his head. His tail wagging slightly at the silhouette of a female he began to feel for, licking his jaws he sat up yet another scent that was overlaying Mauja's was one he didn't like. "Mauja..." The worry in his voice was hard to miss, his gaze lingered on her. The smell of blood had his him rising quickly to his paws, padding over to her he circled her checking to make sure she was uninjured. He then took notice of the rabbit, sighing in relief he stepped towards her left side and lowered his head to nudge her shoulder affectionately. Pausing he moved to step away from her, embarrassed at touching her shoulder in such a way. "Thank the gods you're alright... I-I thought..." Clearing his throat he sat down, "What are you doing out here? Is everything alright?" He angled his head to the side, watching her with gentle eyes. Well eye, since he only had one now.

A huff from behind had him flicking back a pierced ear, Sovrah settled back down yet kept his eyes open to watch and make sure that the two wouldn't be bothered. Smirking he lifted his ears to catch her next words, yet he couldn't help himself in wonder how she had been. They had gotten to know each other, yet either way, he would try to keep an eye on her just in case her inner beast surfaced. That was something he didn't want since he had grown to become quite fond of her, his tail twitched and danced behind him before coming to wrap around his paws.

Table by Centience

@Mauja - sorry if this is short

RE: Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Mauja - 12-02-2017

The darkness surrounded them, embracing, craddling on arms of chilled phantom winds as they tangled in the bountiful tresses of fragrant silk and coarse soot. Gnarled hands embraced them, whispering archaic secrets in tongues both foreign and beautiful - these gales howled their fevered tales against the ears of the damned scorned to their corner of blissful ignorance. They stood oblivious; she abided eagerly, anticipating. Molten gaze heralded inquisitive hush as they drank from the pool of shadows to rest in finality upon the figure of her moving lord whose shift she observed with abandoned caution. A woman now negligent to self-preservation in the company of imposing uncertainty. She could all but smile.

Dark ears stood poised and alert at the grated, whiskey tone of her name as it spilt from those rugged lips. The sound alone was enough to set her spine a-shiver and cast a smile to her supple, girlish maw. His voice served a spark to the volatile gasoline racing throughout svelte veins; aflame now, burning with an unacquainted desire forced into the quiet recesses of modesty. Passion hence restrained. Patience unfolding in its stead as she watched the disquietude drenched silhouette of his figure stand in haste as if a fire burned beneath his belly, a flame he was desperate to escape. Her smile wavered as the charred cologne of white-ash and smoke grew stronger, his figure closer and the warmth of his body blistering as it smoothed the delicate curve of her shoulder in what one could consider affection. Oh, how her face burned! Maidenly cheeks alight with flustered heat as she watched him step away as if regretting that momentary fall of his stalwart guard. A flitting moment of disappointment warred against the rapacious pounding of her rabbit-paced heart until he spoke, until he stirred the smouldering embers and enticed her smile to return in full. "I-I am well, Naervon." She stammered out as her haunches followed suit into the mirrored likeness of a sit.

Comfortable, she continued. "I am oathed to you, am I not? You will come to see, m'lord," Mauja began before lowering her bloody maw to the feast laid before dainty paws. "that I am a woman of my word." Lilting intonation parented the subtle rend of flesh as she tore into the beast; gnawing, tearing, ripping skin and bone. Her efforts proved fruitful as the creature severed and to him, she offered the larger portion with a gentle nudge of her nose before lofting keen scrutiny to bear into the marred remains of a still handsome facade.

@Naervon

RE: Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Naervon - 12-14-2017

He watched her with a gentle gaze, a slow and appreciative smile spread to the prince's jaws. Re-assessing her to make sure she was indeed fine Nae rose to his paws once more, as he did before he wove around her and paused by her shoulder just a few inches from her neck. "And I believe your word Mauja, thank you for the rabbit by the way." Before leaving her side again he rested his head on her shoulder, his tail flexing from where he stood his eyes half lidded before stepping aside to pad over to where Sovrah lay. Poking the dragon in his wing he watched as the creature uncurled and rose slowly, spreading his wings in a stretch and parting his jaws in a wide and large yawn. Shaking his great head the dragon fixed his eyes on Mauja and nodded, after awhile the dragon leapt into the air to fly around to make sure they were safe from any prying eyes.

Turning his attention from his dragon back to Mauja the male smiled gently and watched her, "Was that a blush I caught earlier?" He teased gently from where he stood over the corpse, he picked up a piece of the rabbit to eat and lay down near her. Tearing into the flesh and happily feasting on food, flexing his tail again he watched her from the corner of his eye and smiled low. There were somethings about this female that most males would have found worthy yet since he had helped her he found himself unable to turn her away.

Table by Centience

@Mauja

RE: Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Mauja - 01-12-2018

Impassioned security overwhelmed her, soothed her, cradled her against its breast in the company of this towering man of Dragonian fabrication. His was an essence that could inspire fear; trepidation racing in the hearts of lesser men. Before him she was undaunted. Her resilience was kindled towards friendship and companionship, sacrificing isolation for the sanity that moved with his every word that reminded her she still had a purpose yet. When he spoke, a smile both sincere and modest etched upon her features that mirrored girlish innocence, the same that resonated now in her soft-spoken murmur. "It's the least I could do considering all that you've done for me." Malicious whispers had since ceased; rampage of gore and destruction bequeathed to a life of serenity and peace. Through the purge of his flames, she had regained control of her body but the beast threatened, grinned, lurked in the recesses of her mind biding its time.

Her thoughts shifted and heart raced as he questioned the falter of her emotions and Mauja was quick to perk up and look at him in all of her abashed confliction. "Y-You startled me." The touch, the warmth of his body, it was all too much for a young woman signed to an innocent life devoid of carnal affections. She was quick to change the subject, more than eager to be done with such embarrassing things. "Do... do you have any family around here, Naervon? A... a wife maybe? Children? Brothers?" Curiously molten gaze lingered on the handsome chisel of his jaw, the line of his maw, the set of his eyes and how they appeared so vibrant and full. There was something about him that belied the outward guise of a man surrendered to a life of cruelty.

@Naervon

RE: Falling Darkness [Mauja] - Naervon - 01-13-2018

He chuckled low and warmly at her response, "That is quite very true." He said in a whispered tone. Finding a way to study the young female more from where he lay, he took note of the gentle speckles of black the would dance away from the patch across her maw. Single eye trailing slowly and smoothly over the browns, whites, and blues that made up her lovely visage. He stretched out his front legs and started to lean into her side when her next words pulled him from his quiet enjoyment, his playful and relaxed mood grew serious and shrouded as she voiced questions he knew he would have to answer, yet he wasn't expecting her to ask them so soon. Granted they had known each other for barely a full year cycle but the questions were still jarring, flicking his ears back he turned his head away pondering how to answer her.

The longer his hesitance to answer the more the silence swelled till it was painful and finally he sighed, "No.." He said a bit harshly at first, "I have no one, my father died when I was born. My mother by the time I was 2 years of age, I have no wife. No children, I am a single litter pup." He didn't realize the dark burning light in his single eye till he trained it on her, felt the slight anger begin to rise in his breast at her prying. He quickly tackled the beast within and chained it, she was only curious. She had many rights to know these things, he had no right to be cross with her. Feeling horrible about what he said he sat up from where he lay at her side, his great wings unfurling as he moved to stand.

"Forgive me, I am not used to someone asking about my past." He really didn't know why he did this, yet he felt it was something he had to do. Moving to stand closer to her he pressed the side of his muzzle against her and draped a large wing over her back, he took notice that his heart was now pounding furiously and he felt his cheeks warm with shyness. Coughing he pulled away from her side of her face still blushing, "What about you? Do you have a husband? ....Children? Siblings?" He turned his eye once more to her orange ones and watched with rapt attention. He was silently hoping she would tell him no to them.

Table by Centience

@Mauja